Thursday, December 05, 2013

Am I off the roller coaster yet?

A whirlwind two weeks of houseguests, celebrations, and losses. 

My cousin from Florida arrived the day after I got home from a teaching trip and it was a joy to spend so much time with her.  We spent her birthday shopping (what better activity??), followed by a fabulous meal out in the evening. The rest of the week was a whirlwind of shopping and pie-baking (three varieties) leading up to Thanksgivingkuh, when Emma and her parents arrived to spend the weekend.
We went to Jeremy and Anne Marie's to celebrate the dual holiday and the grandkids got their gifts: the boys, their "gelt" and Emma, a tea set. Here is Emma with her cousins David and Jake.

On Saturday we all went to Ben's bar mitzvah and the entire family (and friends) celebrated after the service.  We were so proud of him! Here he is with his mother.
 
Later, at the party --  a rare picture of my three kids all together!  

It is the very wee hours of the morning.  For three days I have been clearing closets and files and have hauled out bags of trash and shredded paper for tomorrow's garbage pickup.  I don't have to get up for anything important, so maybe I can sleep a little late.

3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I've missed having your posts to read, but it sounds like you didn't have a spare moment. Nice events with family, and I can't believe how big Emma is getting! You must be very proud of all the grandkids... belated Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah!

Gerrie said...

I was thinking about you yesterday and about to send out the hounds. I knew you were probably busy with family and the holidays. A belated Happy Hanukkuh!

Linda Hicks said...

Enjoyed seeing the progeny. We are all holding tight onto the merry go round!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...