Wednesday, November 04, 2015

a colorful day

So after the fiasco in the pouring rain at Houston when all the color washed out of my hair and down my face, I decided to have it done right.  If you've seen my Facebook post, you already know that when I went for a haircut this morning I also asked my hairdresser to give me a couple of streaks of color -- treated myself as an early b.d. present.

I had blue streaks in July 2012, when my granddaughter Rebecca was here visiting and encouraged me to do it myself.  Here we are.  I actually went to a wedding like that, but then it washed out and that was that.  

Here I am this morning, a little more blonde, a little more turquoise, and a bit more subtle - maybe.  I am happy, no matter what my daughters think! 

I have been working for weeks, ten minutes at a time, quilting a piece I started last month. Finally finished with that part -- just as the spool of yellow thread ran out.

I have something else I've been playing with and I'm not really happy with it but after having taken it apart because i put it together in the wrong order, I decided to stick a fork in it.  I started quilting it tonight but am too tired to do any more. 
 Have a busy day tomorrow and the one hour time difference is making me hungry and tired an hour earlier than I should. G'night.

4 comments:

Kaja said...

Love the hair! Grown-up but quirky. I also like your variegated threads against the piecing.

Mostly Turquoise said...

Your hair is beautyful! Like Kaja said, grown-up but not too much! Have a lovely day!

The Noodler said...

I like your hair. I've been thinking about getting highlights, and you've helped me decide to do it.

Linda Hicks said...

Thatawaytogo! Both are super!

I've moved my blog

Follow me over to     https://rgillman.wixsite.com/studio78/blog  , subscribe to get the updated posts, and please leave me a comment (a...