Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wednesday in Paducah

Continuing to work in Helene's sunny studio, we never left the house yesterday till it was past time for dinner. I worked on the green piece I've been struggling with for several weeks and finally took it off the wall partially sewn together, to be continued in my own sunny studio.  This is not easy work, is it?
I believe I am thinking too much as I work.

Helene gave me a pile of 20 year old blocks she and some friends of hers had made for a challenge which never materialized.  I can understand why.  Here are two of them.
 Clearly, there was nothing to do with them other than to put one on top of the other and slice.


Then I alternated the slices till they were relatively pleasing.
.
Added some strips of my beloved lime green, sewed them all together, and voilà.


So now, more UFOs to play with when I don't know what else to do or need a break from the real work of creating from scratch:-).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you are having a good time and having some fun playing with UFOs.

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous transformation of the blocks. Have fun!

HollyM said...

Wow, those blocks went from dreary to spectacular! I love the slivers of green in there.

Jo C. said...

Wow, those blocks really are bad! I love what you did with them...and wait...lime green belongs to me!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Beautiful! You may feel like you're struggling there, but the results are worth the effort! I really need to find time to get back to playing with strips... maybe by October! Have fun...

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...