Overwhelmed by the neatly stacked baggies of strips, strip sets, sliced & diced blocks, and bits I sewed together for my book, I thought, yesterday, "I need to DO something about all these leftovers. I am sick of looking at the same old/same old and I'm not in the mood to use them as they are. Quite frankly, I am bored." Seriously bored.
These are just a few of the random units sitting around. If the two on the left look familiar, it is because they were part of my post the other day.
Remember that experiment? I hated them so much that I took my trusty stitch remover thingie
and took them apart.
On a whim, I decided to use one of those bits as the starting point and just cut it smaller and randomly sewed around it, using the zillion other strips I had lying around, including several that had been pieced together You can see in this unit there are, besides the red and gray one, five other strips of things that had been previously pieced - used as-is.
Here, I used a beige/purple that had been pieced and cut a slice to put into this one. Using these bits makes me feel so much better -- despite no visible progress in decreasing the amount of STUFF I have.
These are mostly Helene's hand-dyes, but I think I will have to play with my stash of other fabrics because so many of my leftovers are a combination of hand-dyes and prints. On verra.