Thursday, September 29, 2016

Update and some exciting workshop news!


Update on the ice cream:  I forgot to tell you that the fast way to cool the mix is to fill a bowl with ice, pour the mix into a food storage bag, seal it, and submerge as much as you can in the bowl of ice.  Stick it in the fridge and it should be cold enough in an hour or so to put in the ice cream machine.

News: I'm very excited that I'm going to be teaching in France in August 2017, at Clos de Lande Vallée, a fantastic Inn in Brittany!  They have been having painting workshops there for a long time - and I will be the first fiber artist to teach there!  Hooray! 

Just take a look at their website  - it is a fabulous place on the sea, lovely accomodations, and gourmet meals.  I'm teaching in French (and English, if necessary) and after my upcoming workshops in Geneva next month, I should be on my game:-)).


I have deliberately left lots of time in 2017 to be in the studio and do my own work --  the last two years have been nonstop and I'm ready for a break.  Booking now for 2018 with a raft of new workshops.

The rest of this evening I plan to move ahead with the quilt on my wall and maybe sit down at the sewing machine.  Tomorrow and Saturday, cooking for Rosh Hashanah, which begins Sunday night.

If you celebrate the Jewish New Year, I wish you a Happy, Healthy year ahead.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome! What an opportunity! Congratulations Rayna!

patty a. said...

How wonderful! Going to France! So you speak French? When did you learn the language? I have seen Brittany on TV during the Tour de France when they go to that area and it is absolutely beautiful.

Linda Hicks said...

One excitement after the other!!!!


Cate Rose said...

Congrats in teaching in France next year! What a coup. And Happy New Year to you, dear Rayna! xoxo

RenaM said...

Thanks for the ice cream recipe. Definitely will try it and let you know how it goes. Mazel tov on your teaching gigs!!!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Congratulations on your French connection!
Shana Tova!

Kaja said...

This looks like a fantastic place! Maybe in 2018 you'll make it across the channel.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...