Friday, February 11, 2005

speaking of rust...

I've been rusting cloth and paper for the past couple of days; coincidentally, because there has been a discussion today about it on QuiltArt. Using a secret old world recipe, here are the results. The thing about secret old world recipes is that they are not written down and they are never the same twice. But that's what makes them interesting. The fabric above and the papers below were all boring white before their beauty treatments. Which one do you like the best??
.

3 comments:

Karoda said...

The 2 at the top draw my eye. I've got this on my to do list to try.

Mary said...

Hi Rayna!

I'm taking Laura C-W's Masterclass and am trying to use the blog to capture my ideas as well as some of the work. Thanks for visiting :-)

As far as the rust fabric goes, I like #2 and #3. I know I'm only looking at a tiny image, but #2 looks like a lady in a long flowing gown. I love the composition in #3.

I can't wait to see what they turn into!

arlee said...

Top right--i "see" a woman as well. Could see a lot of beading and fme on this piece!!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...