Sunday, May 08, 2005

mother's day memo

Hope you all had a lovely day today! We had brunch with my mother, daughter, and son-in-law in Sarabeth's at the Whitney Museum. Yum - and then we got to see the ART! Loved Tim Hawkinson's weird sculpture. His work is so interesting: when you walk beneath and around it, you create airwaves that make the thing move and make noise. Fascinating. You can get a good view of the exhibit at http://www.whitney.org/exhibition/feat_hawk.shtml . Then click on the link to the slideshow. -152d We also saw the Cy Twombley drawings and prints, which slightly resembled what my daughter Hilary did in nursery school. I thought her drawing was brilliant art but I doubt that it belongs on the walls of the Whitney. One thing about that museum -- it's never dull! Seeing all that art did make me want to get back into my studio. So what am I doing blogging????

1 comment:

PaMdora said...

I loved that Tim Hawkinson show at the Whitney!

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...