Sunday, September 16, 2007

working hard or hardly working?

Well, it has been a busy few days. Wednesday night and Thursday were Holiday in this household. Friday was clean out and reorganize the pantry, which took took till mid-afternoon. By then, Marty was home and it was the weekend. Never got to the gym but at least Fibber McGee's closet is gone from my kitchen. I will spare you the before and after pictures of the inside of the pantry - but this is a "before" view of the kitchen.

We are working on "after."
My kitchen designer was coming at 1:00 -- so I went to the studio for about an hour - just enough time to rearrange my tables for better feng shui. My kua number is 1, which means that west is not a good direction for me to face. So I switched my print table to face north; let's see if it makes a difference and breaks the creative logjam.
In the meantime, I have been quilting a piece of work and am still not finished. Even with my 6500, this is the drudge part. I have reached my limit and tonight, for a change of pace, put some fabrics on the wall. I will cut them up and make something simple and mindless like a plain old scrap quilt with my own fabrics. But I seem to have forgotten what to do with small squares of fabric and have so many bits that I really must use them up. This reminds me, the recipient of last weeks' baby quilt called tonight and was genuinely ecstatic. Made me happy.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Kitchens! That is work!

I got your email, but it comes to me as no-reply. I am sure we have corresponded via email before, but I didn't put your email in my address book. Send me an email, not through Blogger.

Hilary Metcalf said...

Hi Rayna

I just got back from QuiltIndulgence festival, and got to see your quilt, Early Frost, in the flesh - er, I mean,in the cloth! Fantastic. I spend ages studying it.

Cheers
Hilary

Denise Aumick said...

I'm especially liking that cloth in the upper right hand corner...actually I like how all three of those pices work together...a bit unexpected but pleasing.

Terry Grant said...

We are in the process of buying a house with a kitchen that needs to be redone. I am just starting to gather ideas, so I'll be watching to see what you do. Maybe we need a kitchen remodel support group!

jane dávila said...

Chiming in from the overachievers' corner - when we redid our kitchen we replaced the drawer fronts and doors and kept the cabinets. Some of the drawer fronts were non-standard sizes so we made new ones ourselves using wood from a maple tree that we'd had cut down, really tying the house to the land. We're big proponents of the "Not So Big House" philosophy, less is more, and that less should be of superb quality, aesthetically pleasing, functional, in scale and green. Can't wait to see your new digs!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rayna. Just stopping by to see what you are up to.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...