The day started early. I ran errends and stopped at the studio to bring home a bunch of fabric. I knew I would be home this afternoon waiting for Dr. Furnace to do winter checkup on our heating - and for the roof guy to come and see if there is a problem AGAIN. I figured I'd be able to do something creative while I waited. Ha!
Instead, my new neighbor who moved in yesterday, discovered zillions of gigantic carpenter ants in the railroad ties between our units. Welcome to the neighborhood. So glad I was home for this event. The exterminator probably won't be here till Monday and the ties seem to be going to sawdust. I believe the tree is infested and this is, for me, good news because the tree has to come down! I am prepared for a fight with the management company. So much for my work with fabric this afternoon.
However, I managed to play a little bit tonight - traditional though these may be - I needed some no-brainer work. I have so much hand-printed fabric and even more commercial fabric, so I decided to see how I could use them together. It was a challenge and I'm done for tonight.