Monday, November 05, 2012

Sunday at AQT

First order of the day: BREAKFAST!!
L-R: Libby Lehman, yrs truly, Susan Shie, Sue Benner and Judy Shelton. We are already having fun and classes haven't started yet.  Judy is taking Sue's class and arrived yesterday, so she's been hanging out with is.  I know Judy because she took a class from me a few years ago, so it has been fun to catch up.

The afternoon started with - you guessed it -- LUNCH!! Judy led us to a fabulous organic/veg place in South Tahoe (California) and I had the best salad, ever.
 Afterwards, Judy took us on a tour and we ended up near the lake, enjoying the beautiful landscape.
 The lake actually has waves and tide!

Later in the afternoon we finally got into our classrooms and got at least partly set up.  Classes start tomorrow. 


7 comments:

Nina Marie said...

wow - there was a lot of quilt knowledge sittin' there for breakfast - you all look great!

Nina Marie said...

ohhh and Happy Birthday!!

Diane said...

What a wonderful break from the horrid weather you have had at home! And what a powerful collaboration of creators - Gives me goose bumps!

Gerrie said...

Hippo birdy two ewes! My regards to one of my fave places - Art Quilt Tahoe. Give my best to Judy Bernard! I do miss coming there in November.

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

Looks like you are having a ball.
Happy birthday, dear friend!
xoxo
Leslie

Eva said...

How I love to see you there -- among friends in a landscape with crushing views (saw more pictures)! Looks like days of harmony.

Bonnie said...

I'll bet the name of the fabulous salad place in South Lake Tahoe is Sprouts. Looks like you had a fabulous time.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...