Sunday, November 04, 2012

Tahoe at sunset

Rosemary Claus-Gray told me I would be close to the gods in Tahoe.  The sunset gods were hard at work last night when I finally got here. Perfection! 
It was a long trip, but worth it.  And amazingly, every went smoothly. I even got to Reno in time to catch the earlier shuttle so I wouldn't have to wait for an hour and a half, tempted by the slot machines.  Slots in an airport??

Had a delightful dinner out last night with Susan Shie, Libby Lehman, Sue Benner and other early arrivals.  I had barely eaten all day and was on east coast time, so the food was welcome! Shortly going out for breakfast and then will start the day with whatever needs to be done.  Stay tuned.
R.

7 comments:

Karen said...

You are in one of my favorite places, Lake Tahoe. My family vacationed there almost every year as I grew up. I did a watercolor years ago that looks like your pic.
http://www.karenbettencourt.com/laketahoe.html
Have a wonderful time, fling a kiss at the lake for me.
Karen

Sandy said...

Good to hear you made it. Hope all your students are wonderful!
Sandy

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you made it safely and i hope that you enjoy your time there.

Dianne Koppisch Hricko said...

Sounds like it will be a good trip, I am glad you are keeping us posted.

Cathy Bargar said...

Heavenly - both the view and the company! Enjoy!

Eva said...

It must be helpful to be escaping from the aftermath zone for a few days. Wish you a great time! The landscape looks like a dream.

Judy said...

Glad to know you made your flights ok...even made it to the airport without running out of gas!

Have a great week!

xo

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...