Sunday, October 25, 2009

home but where have I been?

Saturday was my son Jeremy's 40th b.d. so I went to give him his present and stayed to watch my grandson David(almost 9) play football for the last half of the game. Then some grocery shopping and a visit to my mother. All of this, in the rain, and fortunately, yesterday was warm so it wasn't bad. The woods were at their autumn peak, and in the rain the trees looked too gorgeous not to photograph again. I wish I could bottle the colors and fragrance of fall. I'm so happy when the woods look like this! You're probably sick of looking at these views from my kitchen window every five minutes, but I can't help it: I'm addicted. When we were seriously thinking we would have to move I went into mourning for these woods and my kitchen. Everything else was expendable. Friday and Saturday nights, I printed some of those dyed scarves. A few, I am happy with, altho these pix don't really do them justice. One I don't want to part with; the rest need more layers. So I am off to the basement to add/delete.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I don't think I would ever get tired of looking at the leaves and trees. The scarves look great!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I always love pictures of fall foliage, so click away! And I love what you are doing with the scarves!

Margaret Cooter said...

Love those pix of your woods - I miss living with lots of trees across the road, though in inner London I'm lucky to have a trees squarely outside the windows, front and back. A couple of weeks ago men with saws and shredders attacked the one out front - pollarding - it was distressing to see the branches falling to the ground, but there are a few left; not the autumnal glory of past years though!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...