Saturday, April 17, 2010

More UFO fun!

Yes, I'm home.  Bleary-eyed and off to speak at a meeting today, which means getting out the door all-too-early.  Happily, my friend Aleeda is going with me so she can navigate and kick me if I start to fall asleep as I drive.

Last workshop was one I love to teach - and it was not printing!

Diane Shink,AQS appraiser and collector of wonderful antique quilts, came with a pile of vintage blocks she was never going to use. Here she is, auditioning them with her African fabrics and having a great time creating something completely new.  I can't wait to see what she does with all of them!

Here are Randi's new blocks from her fabric collection and I expect her end result will be fabulous, too.
Finally, Dianne Robinson's small piece, which she actually finished in the one-day class.
This should really be a two-day workshop but everybody at least got started on a new way (for them) of working -- and they loved it!

Off to make coffee, get on the road, and hopefully, will have some time to catch up tonight.

5 comments:

elle said...

Welcome home. That looks like such a great class.

Gerrie said...

Nice to have you back home.

Rayna said...

Thanks! Glad to be here.

Judy said...

you sure do hit the ground running, don't you! LOL
great pieces from that class!!

xo

Eva said...

Glad you don't have a volcano cloud over there. Europe has crowded trains instead of flights.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...