Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Paris sore feet

Did we overdo it today?  After sleeping late and eating breakfast in, we headed for a couple of tourist spots which I had seen years ago, but which my travel companion had not.  Need I announce their names?
Afterwards, we walked miles along the Seine and finally took the metro the rest of the way home.  After a nap and half of the bottle of champagne our host Odile had given us when we arrived, we headed out to the Rue de Rivoli and environs to find a place for dinner.  It was too dark to take photos, but tomorrow, I promise more.  At the moment, thinking about a good night's sleep.
I love this city the most. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have visited Paris twice and just love it too. French loaves, the Mouffetard, markets, painters along the Seinne, cafés, parks and architecture are all amazing. And just the name of the city alone conjures up romanticism. Enjoy it for me too please?!

Marianne said...

Rien de mieux pour remettre son français en pratique :)))

Sue Erdreich said...

I too love Paris. Hope to take Rachel there one day. Any recommendations for fabric/textile shopping? :)

helen j said...

You must go to the Musee D'Orsay and the Musee L'Orangerie. You will not be disappointed. Especially check out the artist, Chaim Soutine, at the L'Orangerie.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...