Sunday, December 21, 2014

been organizing my life

it has been one thing after another, and before it becomes one more thing, here I am. Sunday morning, coffee in hand, waiting for my toast.  And when I hear the beep, I open the microwave oven, which is empty.  Oops - am I loosing it?  Nope; my mind is in 17 other places.  You know the feeling. Right?

For the past three weeks or more, I have spent time every day working on this room; filling up trash bags, moving boxes, and clearing the mountain off of the cutting table.  Have I actually cut anything?
Well, yes.  The fabric for the pillow on the right, which will remain unfinished for a few more months. But at least I can breathe in here!

Spent last weekend in NY, celebrating my grandson Alexander's bar mitzvah. Stayed in a "boutique" hotel (meaning mega$$$, tiny room).  Here is how much space there was between the foot of the bed and the closet.  You had to stand sideways to open the left-hand closet door, which hit the bed so couldn't open all the way.  The mirror was on that door so if you wanted to see yourself in the full-length mirror, you had to open the other door and stand IN the closet. Nonetheless - we had fun.
A few family pix... with Jeremy, who didn't look too happy about posing for the camera:-))
My daughters and daughter-in-law.
And you-know-who.

Was back in the city on Thursday for my friend Susan's opening at a gallery in Chelsea.  We went in early and made the rounds. Saw a really disappointing Motherwell show that looked like they had dredged things from his closet.  We couldn't understand why it had gotten such a good review.  But the highlight was the show of Martin Puryear's work: every piece was elegant.  My photos don't begin to do them justice.

Enough for now.  Coffee cup is empty and it's time to start my day.  More tomorrow.

5 comments:

Dianne Koppisch Hricko said...

Thanks... I love Puryear.

Vivien Zepf said...

What a happy time! Didn't know about the Motherwell exhibition, but may have to go just to see the Puryear ....

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I'm on the same page you are, workspace-wise... clearing the entire room out to have the wall knocked out to the next room, so I can have more space to fill! But it will be nice when it's done. Laughed at your description of the hotel room... good thing you weren't there to enjoy the accommodations!

Linda Hicks said...

Puryear's show got a lot of applause as I am giving you for that great organization and family.

Eva said...

I have never trusted microwave ovens. Now I know why. They eat some food themselves.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...