Sunday, December 07, 2014

brrrrrr.....

Stayed in all weekend, still cleaning my sewing room in the frigid weather.  No photos till I am finished, which had better be relatively soon!

This is not to say that I haven't been in the kitchen.  I've made pots and pots of soup this past week.  First, what to do with the poached chicken breasts I was going to make into a Mexican dish but didn't?  Aha -- Thai coconut chicken soup!!  I just happened to have a stalk of lemongrass in my fridge, a couple of cans of coconut milk, some mushrooms, and the staples in my house: cilantro,lime, red and green curry pastes,and nam pla or nuoc nam (Thai fish sauce). It was so fabulous I wished I had made a gallon of it.  I used green curry paste.  

Later in the week I decided I had better do something with the somewhat over-the-hill cauliflower I hadn't gotten around to using. This one was a no-brainer I found on my NY Times cooking app: Melissa Clark's lemony carrot cauliflower soup.  I just finished the last of it. Delicious and low calorie.

Friday and Saturday I made two pots of vegetable bean soup. I just threw in everything else in the fridge and it was divine.  Soups make easy meals when you have no time to cook because you are sorting and ironing you-know-what.


Thanks for your comments for the giveaway.  The random number generator picked #2, so Sandy Ellison is the lucky winner.  Will get the books out to her this week. I do have to say, however, that if you leave a comment and want to be included in the drawing for whatever it is, you must leave an email address. Otherwise, i can't get in touch with you. No email address, no goodies.  I will have more books to part with next week.

Meantime, I have finished burning the midnight oil. Enough sorting/ironing for tonight!

5 comments:

Linda Hicks said...

Artists seem to be creative cooks!

Unknown said...

Makes me want to make soup for dinner. Yum

Kaja said...

Yum! It's definitely soup weather here too.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Making soup is one of my fave things to cook, and to eat! Give me your address... I don't fly so it will be awhile before I get there, but I'm sure whatever you're fixing for dinner will be fine! Just kidding... ;-)

Unknown said...

I do want to try that carrot-cauliflower soup -- hope I can find the recipe. My husband just made a bean soup w/ frozen turkey (left over) -- such perfect weather here in Kentucky for soup: in the 20's & 30's!!
I was in the attic yesterday looking for a bag of flannel I'd bought who-knows-when & had this thought: I sure hope I can clean this out before I die b/c this mess would surely push some poor relative to burn the house down!! Ha! I wish you lots of energy to get your clearing & sorting done ... you give me hope!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...