Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Xmas & Chanukah overlap a bit tonight. Happy Merry to all!

December 24, 2014 is the last day of Chanukah. It ends tonight as Christmas Eve takes its turn.  Whichever holiday you celebrate, I wish you all a happy one.

For me, this has been a long week and I'm only halfway through. I've been trying to use up anything perishable and think I'm in pretty good shape with that.  Today I cleaned the fridge more thoroughly than the weekly lick and promise it usually gets, so that's a big accomplishment.

Tonight I came across a photo of a small piece I threw together on the wall two years ago when I taught a class. The bits came down from the wall and some of them were used in other work -- but that photo inspired me to see what I could do with the ones that were left, along with some fill-ins.  So I threw them at the wall again.  It isn't quite there yet, but almost.  The bottom isn't working and I'm not sure about the left-hand side.
I took a photo of it so I could see it better,  which is what got me started blogging in the first place on January 31,2005.  Good grief -- in another month I will be celebrating a DECADE of blogging. How did that happen?  OMG - I am a decade older. I hate that.  But nothing I can do about it except relax and figure out how I can celebrate with you, dear friends!
The piece works ok in black and white, but there is too much horizontal in the bottom row and I think the square shape is wrong. The piece was originally a rectangle and it worked better - so it's something for me to work on tomorrow while everybody who celebrates Christmas  is opening their gifts.  

In the meantime, many of us who just finished celebrating Chanukah will celebrate Christmas by volunteering at church food banks or going to the movies.  And then, we will have our own traditional Christmas meal.  I have borrowed this from Connie Rose, who posted it on Facebook and it is so appropriate to the holiday season that I post it with thanks to Connie for sharing it!

Happy Holidays, indeed.  And warmest wishes for a happy, healthy, year full of laughter.
love,
Rayna

5 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Rayna. Wishing you a happy Holiday Season. I really like your quilts in the previous post...interesting thoughts about trying to conform to a "Modern" perspective...feels like a straight jacket to me!
best, nadia

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the last photo! Re: being a decade older, I view it as a positive alternative... most of my family did not live through their 40's, so I am very grateful to have made it this far, and plan to enjoy every moment of however much longer I am here! Congrats on almost a decade of blogging... your posts have inspired me for over 7 years now, and I thank you for them!

Marianne said...

Joyeuses fêtes et que l'année qui vient soit remplie de bonnes choses, j'espère que vous continuerez à bloguer encore une bon décennie j'adore vos messages.
Meilleures pensées de Suisse

Liz Plummer said...

I'm celebrating my blogging decade this January too, Rayna - in fact I've got a feeling a lot of us in the Artful Quilters Webring will be, as I've got a feeling that it started up around the same time....

Eva said...

Like!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...