Tuesday, February 28, 2017

It's only Tuesday?


My mother used to say she didn't know what day it was until she looked at the New York Times. I thought she was kidding.  Alas, now I know she meant it.  The days fly by!

My bathroom renovation is in process - the less said about that, the better. 


  I have also been dealing with real estate: I've bought another apartment about 5 minutes away to use as a studio and I feel strangely calm about making this purchase, although I have never done this before without a husband to share the legal and financial stuff with. BUT- It just feels right-- and there is a bedroom I can use for overflow guests.



The curtains and shades have to go, as will some of the furniture and items in the kitchen cabinets the sellers left -- but I will have space!!  Closing scheduled for sometime next week.

In the meantime, I have been puttering around after having returned from QuiltCon.  I finished taking apart this nearly-finished quilt because I didn't like the way it turned out.  I will now reuse these blocks in some other way where they don't have to line up exactly right.


I have always admired Cherrywood Fabrics but had never purchased any.  However, they were vending at QuiltCon and I had to buy some.  Yesterday, I combined them with some of my Indian batiks, making a few experimental blocks.  Not sure where this is going - or IF it is going. Whall see at some point.  In the meantime, I have a few other ideas I want to try.

However, the sewing will have to wait because for the next three days I am going to print!!  Kerr Grabowski is teaching nearby and while I don't need a class, I do need to see her. So, three play days!!  I'll keep you posted.

Past my bedtime, considering that I have to be out of the house at 7:30 a.m. 'Nite.


4 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Great to have a dedicated place for your studio! Look forward to seeing how it shapes up once you get into it. And what a lovely way to spend the day, working with Kerr Grabowski. I have her video, and really enjoyed it, although it's been quite awhile since I tried her methods. Hope you have a fun day!

patty a. said...

That will be so nice to have a studio space! Have fun printing! Took a screen printing workshop at QuiltCon 2014 and have been wanting to do more printing. I acquired two free tables that will be perfect for printing. I just need to clear out the garage and set up my space. I would love to see what you end up making at the workshop!

Gerrie said...

Please give Kerr a hug from me and tell her I am overjoyed that she is healthy and out spreading the joy of deconstructed printing. How exciting to have this space. Are you planning to spend more time in Florida?

Kaja said...

How cool to have a separate studio space; there's something so appealing about all that emptiness too (though I know you will fill it). Funnily I always found making major decisions/purchases less stressful on my own than with a husband, though I would have expected the opposite.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...