Saturday, April 30, 2005

elements

A quick post before I run off to teach day #1. Yesterday afternoon, as I wandered around downtown Springfield, MA, I noticed some wonderful architectural elements on the old buildings they are in the midst of restoring. This one appears
everywhere: below, one with stripes below it - a bank building, no doubt.
.IMG_1080
IMG_1081 Originally uploaded by raynag.
And this one - on a wonderful building they are restoring as a hotel. I was lookng for inspiration -- have I found it?

1 comment:

Sonji Hunt said...

Beautiful. In Milwaukee several old buildings, including the last one that I worked in, have been torn down and the intricate detailing destroyed. This is the sort of thing that is missing in contemporary architecture.

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...