Saturday, April 30, 2005

elements

A quick post before I run off to teach day #1. Yesterday afternoon, as I wandered around downtown Springfield, MA, I noticed some wonderful architectural elements on the old buildings they are in the midst of restoring. This one appears
everywhere: below, one with stripes below it - a bank building, no doubt.
.IMG_1080
IMG_1081 Originally uploaded by raynag.
And this one - on a wonderful building they are restoring as a hotel. I was lookng for inspiration -- have I found it?

1 comment:

Sonji Hunt said...

Beautiful. In Milwaukee several old buildings, including the last one that I worked in, have been torn down and the intricate detailing destroyed. This is the sort of thing that is missing in contemporary architecture.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...