Sunday, April 17, 2005

my favorite room

Answering Diane Perrin Hock's question 'what's your favorite room in the house and why?' is a no-brainer. My studio. Small (about 10x14), cluttered (pictures in earlier posts) , with my classical music, art books, surface design magazines,files, slides, and a comfy chair with ottoman catty-corner to the design wall and a wall full of art. Some of the work is mine, other pieces are by laura cater-woods, Claire Fenton, Nikki Bonnett, Jette Clover, Marlene Cohen from the U.K., and Helene Davis. Google them and check out their work. A feast for the eyes and for the soul. My sewing macine is here, a bookcase loaded with fabric & books, as well as a trunk full of antique blocks I should probably sell on e-bay. And my cutting table, usually piled high with STUFF. Sometimes I actually work on that table. If I'm home, chances are 2:1 you'll find me here. And now that I have a laptop, I practically don't have to leave the room.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Wow! YOu fit all that in a 10x14 room? I'm impressed. Hope the kids get the apartment... NYC prices seem to be about as insane as bay area prices.

I've moved my blog

Follow me over to     https://rgillman.wixsite.com/studio78/blog  , subscribe to get the updated posts, and please leave me a comment (a...