Wednesday, April 13, 2005

guilty pleasures

I was on another planet when Diane Perrin Hock's question came through, asking "what is your guilty pleasure?" So I'm a few days late in posting my answer: I never feel guilty about any pleasure. I once had a boyfriend who used to say "guilt is non-functional." Meaning, I suppose, useless. I think he was right. Then again, if you're talking about plain ordinary, super-duper pleasures -- happiness is sitting in my studio chair at night, feet up on ottoman, reading a can't-put-it-down book while I listen to chamber music. (notice that working on my art doesn't come into this super-duper category) Otherwise, (not necessarily in ranked order -- that changes from day to day) 1) a long hot shower 2) a good cup of coffee 3) a good laugh 4) a good fill-in-the-blank 5) a good strong hug I would say a good night's sleep, but I don't know what that feels like.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I'm with you on that "feels utterly wonderful" list...and I vaguely remember how that good night's sleep felt. Divine.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...