Sunday, April 24, 2005

nameless

swatch-#1 Originally uploaded by raynag.
Tonight's blog and these swatches shall remain nameless. I'm getting these ready to send off to the Surface Design Association's swatch library and thought I should photgraph them before they go. Swatch #2(not here)is a piece from my first January blog entry, and #3 is a piece I made while demonstrating printing with found objects. SDA requires 12" square swatches, which is not easy for me because I have so many itsy bitsy or odd-sized pieces around. I cut these out from yardage and now I have odd sized pieces of these sitting around. I need to just do something with them. swatch-#3 Do you have a hard time using fabrics you printed? Do you let the fabric guide you or do you have an idea first and then rummage through your hand-printed fabrics to find appropriate pieces? This is something I will be discussing with one of my classes, so I'm taking an informal poll.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Usually ideas strike me first, then I go into desperation mode trying to find that perfect fabric. Which is why I tend to draw and paint my own thing as opposed to piecing it. I definitely need to expand my horizons!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work film editing schools

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...