Yesterday, I started to sort the thousands of strips of fabric so I could organize them -- at least till I start to work again. I untangled and disengaged all of the hand-dyed strips and put them into plastic bags, sorted (more or less) by color. Since Helene Davis' hand-dyes are often layered with more than one color, this is not as straightforward as it might seem. But I coped and filled giant baggies with the strips I so dearly love to use in my work.
I (gasp) threw them away.
But lest you think this is totally hopeless, these three small pieces - all having used a variety of strips, squares, commercial, hand-prints and UFO blocks, were on the same bulletin board last week. I have added facings and have started to sew them down in my spare moments.
Given the number of spare moments I will have in the next week, as I spend the weekend at Fiber Philadelphia and then continue cooking for Passover -- I should have these facings done by summer:-).