Sunday, March 20, 2005

It's a long story...

So here's the short version: My local arts council asked me to do a demo at the arts festival this weekend. 15 minutes? What could I do in 15 minutes? Print with some found objects on a gelatin plate and then add a couple of quick screens -- all while explaining what I was doing. I had already gotten blue paint on this shirt at my workshop last week (see lower right)so decided to go all the way. Here it is, as of yesterday. I've added a few flourishes since then, but it's essentially the same. The audience LOVED it -- a transformation from a dirty shirt to -- well -- to what? the-SHIRT Now I've been asked to do this with 100 boy scouts. Gelatin printing t-shirts. When and IF I am insane enough to do this, you can be sure I will let you know.

1 comment:

PaMdora said...

Great t-shirt! No wonder the audience went wild!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...