Friday, January 23, 2015

week in a blur

It has been mostly a blur of kitchen renovation angst and spending every spare minute with my two cousins, running around for backsplash tile samples (finally selected!!) and with no set plans, waiting to see how every day evolves.  For some reason, I am waking up before the crack of dawn here: I don't know why.

 I will not go into the aggravating details of the kitchen, which is now stalled because my electrician has the flu and my plumber can't come till next Tuesday.  Fortunately, the fridge has power, my beautiful soapstone is in, and the details will sort themselves out eventually.

In the meantime, here is how the kitchen looks this morning.  I haven't removed all the blue plastic yet.
I love the caramel vein in the soapstone on the peninsula that divides the kitchen from the dining area.
Weather has been spring-like with no humidity -- great walking weather.  And the early evening sky is always dramatic.

I've been reading: finished Cutting for Stone and am now en train de lire The Hare with Amber Eyes.  I have also been sewing a bit, seeing what I can do with a few of these ugly blocks.
Clearly, a work in progress - also stalled.  But at least better than it started.  Now, off to start the day.

1 comment:

patty a. said...

I have lived thru a kitchen remodel and it is a challenge! I had to do some of the work myself to save money including demo to the studs (it was in my 1920 arts & crafts bungalow), painting, and installing the tile floor with the help of my brothers. Your countertops are gorgeous! Just think what a joy it will be in the new space!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...