Friday, September 29, 2006

AARRGGGHH

We've been without power since a transformer went out in the neighborhood yesterday afternoon. I'm in a wireless Internet cafe right now but have been unable to send/receive/print at home and I am frantic. Trying to pack boxes to ship out for workshops -- working in the dark -- and getting a different story from everyone at PSE&G whom I speak with. All my neighbors are back up - and we have one outlet in the house that works! I guess I can throw out the refrigerator's and freezer's contents... Am about to buy takeout lunch so I don't have to open the fridge. Life is such an adventure.

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

Reminds me of when I lived in Hurricane Alley and we would lose power for a week or more. Hope you are connected, soon.

Brenda said...

We recently experienced a couple of outages and it really bought home to me how integral electricity is to my creating and living generally. On the upside, I did get around to sorting out some piles of papers that had been mounting up while I did other things.

Shelina said...

Oh how awful. Having to deal with those things in life that you have come to expect to work is horrible. I hate that I can't follow my routines, and everything has to be worked around. Our electricity is fine here, and am grateful.

Quiltgranny said...

Oh my - how discombobulated you must feel! If you have to throw out the contents of stuff in the fridge/freezer, be sure to keep a list of what it was. When we lost power long enough in an ice storm, our insurance paid us for the contents of the fridge/freezer(less our deductible). That might help, eh?

Frances said...

oh goodness Rayna what a welcome home and just when you are busy, hope it soon comes right,

happy belated Rosh Hanah,

I love the mums and asters wonderful and bright I have some still in bud in my garden,

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...