Friday, September 29, 2006

AARRGGGHH

We've been without power since a transformer went out in the neighborhood yesterday afternoon. I'm in a wireless Internet cafe right now but have been unable to send/receive/print at home and I am frantic. Trying to pack boxes to ship out for workshops -- working in the dark -- and getting a different story from everyone at PSE&G whom I speak with. All my neighbors are back up - and we have one outlet in the house that works! I guess I can throw out the refrigerator's and freezer's contents... Am about to buy takeout lunch so I don't have to open the fridge. Life is such an adventure.

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

Reminds me of when I lived in Hurricane Alley and we would lose power for a week or more. Hope you are connected, soon.

Brenda said...

We recently experienced a couple of outages and it really bought home to me how integral electricity is to my creating and living generally. On the upside, I did get around to sorting out some piles of papers that had been mounting up while I did other things.

Shelina said...

Oh how awful. Having to deal with those things in life that you have come to expect to work is horrible. I hate that I can't follow my routines, and everything has to be worked around. Our electricity is fine here, and am grateful.

Sharon said...

Oh my - how discombobulated you must feel! If you have to throw out the contents of stuff in the fridge/freezer, be sure to keep a list of what it was. When we lost power long enough in an ice storm, our insurance paid us for the contents of the fridge/freezer(less our deductible). That might help, eh?

Frances said...

oh goodness Rayna what a welcome home and just when you are busy, hope it soon comes right,

happy belated Rosh Hanah,

I love the mums and asters wonderful and bright I have some still in bud in my garden,

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...