Saturday, August 23, 2008

steaming at midnight & other miscellany

I'm packing tomorrow to go to Ohio and as I was cleaning up my work table, found a few small pieces I brought home from the studio and forgot to steam. So, why not? I'm up anyway. I have spent the last 3 days lining shelves, unpacking cartons, and running up and down stairs from the basement to the second floor at my son and daughter-in-law's new house. They are moving in next week but are bringing over tons of stuff ahead of time and I'm giving my DIL a couple of extra hands. Lost a couple of pounds running up and down all those stairs! Read Gerrie's blog and saw that she and her fiber group had a big play day with soy wax and paint. I was doing the same thing earlier this week in the studio. Wanted to play with wax and didn't have any dyes mixed, so I worked with paint. Got some terrific results. And then I found this piece, done eons ago. It is a bit strange. Well, I am sure I can find some use for it - and it will certainly be more interesting when I cut it into pieces. For now, the steaming is done and it is, as usual, past my bedtime.


Deb Lacativa said...

If you decide to not cut it up, let me know and I'll trade you. I think It's wonderful.

Regina said...

Rayna, your book is in my house right now and I can't wait to try working with wax and all the other fun stuff. But first have to get rid of the dengue fever..
Have a nice weekend,

Regina, St. Maarten DWI

Terry said...

Oh yes, our play day was a lot of fun!! And I think Gerrie sold a few of your books. She held it up and said "You need this book. Go to Rayna's web site!" I saw everyone obediently writing down the name of the book!

Judy said...

Love the new house and love the piece of fabric!


Sherryl said...

ooooh, I love that fabric... can we bid on it? Trade?? LOL