Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saturday night & Sunday morning

After 1:am. It seems that at night is the only time on the weekend I can sew. Cup of coffee keeps me going for a while but doesn't seem to keep me from sleeping. Our bodies can get used to almost anything! Tired of sewing strips, I decided it was time to de-and re-construct a few of these babies. See that long strip on the far left? Too long. So I cut it into a few segments. The first piece, I left alone. (pardon the fuzzy shots, I am too lazy/sleepy to redo them)
Then I randomly sliced and diced it.
With this one I cut a narrow strip crossways and just added around the edges.I sent it over to join its friends
And here are the two originals, flanking the one I cut and pasted. Fun! More sewing tomorrow, although I think we might go to the movies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I dunno -- I had to wait an hour and nine minutes into Sunday morning for your Sunday blog entry to (finally!) appear. Are we getting a little lazy?
--Sleepless in Seattle

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I love the effects of the cutting. Some of them now look like mini landscapes ... so beautiful!

Nina-Marie said...

Adding an accent color has really helped Rayna - for just a sewing experiment - these are great. You surely are on the right path with these.

Eva said...

Like tiny stages where puzzles are being performed... Love it!

Judy said...

Yup: this is good!!!!

xo

Nancy said...

Loving that punch of pink color on the aqua stripping. Love where this is going.

buried in fabric

Not literally, of course.  But overwhelmed.  Boxes and drawers and bins!  I brought two shopping bags of fabric to my Modern Quilt Guild ...