Saturday, November 21, 2009

a quickie

Last night I was too tired to blog, so I'll try to catch you up with some pix of yesterday's class. Everybody brought fabric they thought was yecch and printed on it to improve it. Here's Kathy with a hand-dyed piece that became really interesting after she printed on it. I brought my stash of stencils to share with the class and they were a big hit -- especially this circle stencil, which everybody passed around and used. Wanda, my delightful hostess, went to work on this piece of fabric with sequin waste.and then added a layer with the syringe. It will be interesting to see how she uses it! The one on the right started as a Ginny Beyer from eons ago and ended up as a whimsical piece of art. And this one was none too attractive till Gertraud went to work on it. That's it for tonight! I'll catch up with the rest when I can.

5 comments:

Eva said...

No 6 is so good! And also Gertraud's Japanese calligraphy (do I always have to see something figurative??)
Okay, I'll post something abstract. Guess who inspired me.

Nina Marie said...

Wow! Nice work! Your classes always look so much fun!

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh! I have never seen the Cosmic Bubble stencil used in so many interesting ways. It was a feast for the eyes!!! Great job everyone!! Thanks for sharing, Jaime - www.thecraftersworkshop.com

Debra Dixon said...

I might have to put those stencils on my Christmas list. Way cool!

lizzieb said...

so what is this giant circle stencil? It looks like so much fun! Your class, as always, looks like it is having a great time!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...