Thursday, July 05, 2007

decisions, decisions

Yesterday's icky weather gave me a good opportunity to stay in and start organizing my ROOM (I don't know what to call it anymore since I have an official studio elsewhere and I still work in the basement print studio - uh - alcove - occasionally).

While I was at it, I took a bunch of uninteresting or "can this fabric be saved?" victims and dunked them in soda ash so I could go back in and work them into something presentable. This is not my normal way of working, since I don't generally think ahead about what pieces I want to rework - but I thought it was worth a shot. Here they are, all nice and dry and ready to play with.

BUT WHAT? Play how? Shall I overdye them? discharge them? use Thiox? discharge paste? use screens? add wax? All of the above? None of the above? Too many choices. And then there is the question of whether I work at home today or go to the other studio. I am feeling lazy, so I think I will stay here. But work on the deck? work in the basement? Hmmm...

In the end, I know I have a number of processes I want to experiment with - so I should make a list (horrors!) to organize my thoughts. I won't make the list here because it will be too boring - and after all, I am just starting the day.

But stay tuned. I am starting to get an idea...

No comments:

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...