Monday, July 09, 2007

feng shui - redux

There has been a whole discussion elsewhere about how your creativity improves if you feng shui your studio. I have not necessarily found that to be the case; quite the contrary. Too little clutter and I am so zoned out and relaxed that not a single idea clutters up my head. THIS, on the other hand, is a bit much. I had to move one of my rolling carts upstairs, so my poor downstairs dye studio looks rather unhappy at the moment. Not to worry: I stopped at K-mart this morning and bought another 3 drawer clutter-collector. It is in the back seat of my car, catching its breath before I put it to work. Saturday, in this somewhat - uh - I don't have an adjective for it - studio, I printed happily away. Here is the screen with my attempt at sketching my woods from the deck. Of course, I wrote on the back of the screen, so it is in reverse - but oh, well. Next time I'll do it the other way. Meantime, here are some of the results. Sort of interesting, although you wouldn't know they were my woods from the deck if I had not told you. esp. since they are backwards. Tomorrow, I may steam them. We'll see.

2 comments:

lizzieb said...

ah ha! deconstructed silk screening...you have been playing around with Kerr. what fun!

Judy Rys said...

Love those woods!!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...