Saturday, September 06, 2014

this is not a holiday weekend

But it feels like one. It is the last weekend that the pool at my condo is open, so it still seems like summer. (besides, it's hot and humid)  And I've just come home from a housewarming where I met some neighbors I hadn't met and reconnected with some I've known for years.
Fun! 

On the topic of quilts, if you are going to be in New York in the near future, the NY Times had a fabulous article on all the exhibits coming up.  Click on the link to get there.

In the meantime, I have spent the last couple of days frantically packing and even more frantically sorting pieces for my exhibit in October.  Thursday, the other artist and I schlepped our stuff to the gallery and along with the gallery director, selected and laid out the show.  What a lot of work!  We hang it at the end of this month and the work will be up for 3 months.  If you will be within driving distance of Montclair, NJ on October 10, I invite you to come to the opening.

Looking forward to seeing my friend Gerrie Congdon in Portland next week and then visiting with my friend Rachel in San Francisco before I come home and have to get organized for the upcoming events.  If I can blog from there, I will.

3 comments:

RBCochran said...

I'll be there!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Look forward to pix of the opening! Have a good trip west...

Kaja said...

Oh I wish I was in the US - you have so much more quilty stuff going on than we do here.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...