Sunday, October 23, 2005

I'm taking this one with me

Still haven't packed: wanted to get last night's pile of fabric and scarves done. Now that they are done, I am going to get on with it. There are some nice bits on this piece - which is completely done with found objects. The big round circle with the little circles in the middle is a big old rusty thing I found last summer lying in a junk pile outside the blacksmith's shop at Peters Valley. In fact, the smaller round circle is another rusty thing from the same pile. God knows what they are or were, but it doesn't matter. They are art supplies now. And this next little gizmo is part of a copper grid of some sort that my friend Marlene and I liberated from a construction site one day in London. We divided it up amongst her Colour Group but I don't know whether anybody else has used theirs yet. This piece is a couple of yards long. Some parts of it might need more work but I'm not sure. I think I'll throw it in the suitcase and add something while I am teaching Printing with Found Objects. I will have my laptop with me and will check in and report if I have a spare minute. In the meantime, I wish I had been able to steal this sign from Paris -- but at least I have the image.

2 comments:

Sonji Hunt said...

This is just the coolest piece of fabric ever! I can't wait to see your work in prson some day. I just love the layer and the color combinations.

Lisa said...

I adore this piece of fabric! The colors, the design, the textures... Fabulous!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...