Thursday, May 27, 2010

time and a brick wall

Time getting away from me since I'm home.  A few more pix from my Ithaca trip I haven't had a chance to post.  Aafke, my host, simply had to show me these antique implements before I left:
You can see what's in her left hand - a GIANT scissors that is at least a foot long.  Real.  We think these were tailor's tools once upon a time.  The item in her left hand --well, it can't be anything else but a rotary cutter.  There is nothing new under the sun.  These items must be 100 years old.
Then, en route home I couldn't resist taking this picture.
I spent a couple of hours Tues and again on Wed. in the studio. It was not enough time either day and I felt pressured and frustrated because everything I put up on the wall looked awful. Brick wall: I've hit it.  Last night, at home, I found some gelatin prints that have been sitting around for 6 or 7 years and put them up on the wall at home. Here's what they looked like last night; by this morning, half of them were on the floor.
After breakfast, out the door again to the studio to get a fresh start.

3 comments:

Approachable Art said...

Sounds like you could use a week on the beach with not a phone or laptop in sight. :D

elle said...

rotary cutter! For sure nothing new. I rather like those almost nine patches.

Mary Beth said...

probably originally designed for cutting leather.

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...