Saturday, August 06, 2005

photo as inspiration

Jen's comment about using photos as inspirations for artwork reminded me that I hadn't posted the small piece Patricia Smith made in my recent workshop. The picture of the window inspired the abstract piece next to it. What Patricia said jumped out at her was the strong line, and that's where she went with the piece -- working with line. An ideal result, giving the words 'inspired by' new meaning. The trick is to work quickly, with no time to think.

1 comment:

jenclair said...

Thanks, Rayna, for your advice on the "invisible" piece on the wall and for posting this interpretation of a photo. I really like the concentration on line and the letting go of reality here.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...