Tuesday, October 10, 2006

more from Atlanta

Still in Atlanta and staying busy. The Art Cloth Network meeting over the weekend was inspiring, to say the least. It was wonderful to spend intensive time with a talented group of artists who print such gorgeous cloth. I don't post art without permission, but Katherine Sylvan said it was ok to post a snip of her incredible silk. Wouldn't you kill to create fabric like this? But it is uniquely Katherine's. On Saturday, after our meeting, we took a break and went over to the Carlos Museum at Emory University. Here are Judy Langille, Susie Monday, and a couple of other members of our group at the approach to the museum. We saw Roman frescoes, still vivid; African masks and a collection of Pre-Colombian pieces. Here are my favorites.

The meeting was in Decatur, which is a charming little town with plenty of funky shops and wonderful restaurants. On Sunday, there was a Day of the Dead festival on Church St. Susan Ettl, Sue Jones and I wandered, took photos, and spent much time in Mingei World Arts -- yet again. I think I was there every day! My tjap collection is out of control. In the meantime, as we wandered, I photographed a few things. Will upload them in next post.

No comments:

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...