Tuesday, July 22, 2008

keep plugging away

Thanks, Judy Sall, for that comment about your art teacher. I'll take his advice to keep plugging away and see what happens. I downloaded the list I used to work from, which used to be on the Every Day Matters blog when it was just a little, intimate blog. I am going to return to it for my journal sketches - let's see how long it lasts this time 'round. I am SO out of practice. Tonight, I drew my purse: it was painful but I am encouraged because I am not a photo realist - I am an INTERPRETER. There! That makes me feel much better. My note, added afterwards, says the inside of my head is like the inside of my purse -- and you do NOT want to see what that looks like. Here is the outside (of my purse). it does not look as heavy as it really is. Today, my crit group met here and it was the first time in eons that I had been to a meeting.Some of us had no work, but that's okay. Some just brought printed fabric, others brought finished pieces, and some brought work in progress. We discussed the group exhibits we are having in January: two at the same time -- my goodness! And once we got the business out of the way, we looked at the work, had lunch, and talked. One of the things we discussed was intent -- that it is good to have an idea of intent before you start, even if that intent is that you want to use every piece of green fabric in the drawer in one piece. Right now, my intent is to go to bed so I can take DH to his eye surgeon checkup visit and then take him to work. Then, hit the paint store for yet ANOTHER sample; nothing has worked so far. And finally, to my s-t-u-d-i-o, taking with me the piece on my wall at home so I have more room to work on it.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hellooooo!
I'm impressed with your sketch. And, to me, your bag looks very heavy: makes my shoulder ache just looking at it. UGH!
Hope Marty's eye Dr visit goes well.
Our class is so great here, but would love to take a class with you here too!

xo

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...