Saturday, July 06, 2013

more from Sisters

Was able to sit out on the patio for an hour or so after checking into the hotel and it was lovely. Hot but not humid,and with a splendid view.

Tonight after dinner, Jean Wells Keenan, Rosalie Dace, and I went to a SAQA exhibit at the museum in Redmond.  What a beautiful , natural setting for a museum.  This was just outside the entrance.

The SAQA chapter here is very active and this was a juried exhibit.  Two of my friends had pieces in the show that I was partial to, so I had to photograph them (the pieces, not the friends). This piece is Gerrie Congdon's.

And this piece is by Terry Grant.

Glad to see work by my buddies; sorry there was not enough time between flights to catch up. But I will be teaching at Columbia Fiberarts next year, so I will have to wait to see them.

Tomorrow, the Quilt Walk in Sisters during the afternoon.  Can't wait!  Till then, i'm toast.

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

It is a long time since I have seen that quilt - thanks for the photo of it. It is so wrong that you are so close and I can't hang out with you!! Have a good time in beautiful Oregon!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the quilts... thanks for sharing!

Judy said...

Such a lovely corner of the world, right?
Gerrie and Terry's quilts are fabulous!
Enjoy your week - I'm green with envy!

xxoo

Sandy said...

Was that snow on the mountain?!!
Good to see Gerrie and Terry's works in a presentation position.
Sandy in the UK

Terry Grant said...

Finally catching up on blog reading and--hello!--there's my Mt. Hood quilt! Glad you got to see the show and sorry I missed seeing you. I hope Sisters was good to you!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...