Tuesday, June 30, 2009

on the wall and on the table

I spent this afternoon in the studio, ironing (of course) and throwing things at the wall to see if I could recreate the feeling of the never-mades posted last week. Nope. Some of the fabrics in the original attempt have been used in other pieces either and can't be replicated or there is only a small piece left. Others have been changed -- either overdyed or overprinted -- and don't work any more. Nevertheless, I played around to see if I could start again. Took pictures, revised, took more pictures, and finally packed up and came home to make dinner. Tonight, more ironing so I can take a pile of fabrics to the studio tomorrow. This is my feeble attempt to clear out this disaster area. Here's what I accomplished - but it doesn't really look like 3 or 4 hours worth of pressing and sorting.I did get some ideas while I was doing this tonight: I just hope I remember them tomorrow!

1 comment:

Eva said...

Sometimes I have wonderful ideas while falling asleep... And I do get up in spite of being tired, and make notes. Or they never will come back! Maybe you have better brains.

fabric strip giveaway update

Congrats to Quiltdivajulie, whose number came up in the generator! Julie, I'll send your envelope out as soon as I come up for air. ...