Friday, December 19, 2008

Look! Jane Davila's and Elin Waterston's new book! It will be available in January and I can't wait to see it. I contributed some pieces for the book, along with quite a few other artists (listed on Jane's blog) - but can't imagine how they are being used in the book. Something to look forward to! I expect that Jane's blog and Elin's blog will have signed copies available and there will be a big release party, book signing and art quilt exhibition at the Country Quilter in Somers NY on Saturday, February 21st. I am somewhat bummed that I can't be there to celebrate, but I'll be traveling and teaching. Oh, well. Have a glass of wine for me if you go. 10:35 pm - I just came in from cleaning off the cars. There is something magical about being outside in the snow at night -- it smells so good. It has stopped snowing, although now something wet is falling - not sure whether it is sleet or more itty bitty snowflakes. But in any case, I thought I had better get the 3" of white off the cars before it freezes overnight and we need a sledgehammer to get rid of it. 11:20 pm - Since I had my cocoa earlier, before I decided to play snowman, I had a cup of soup to warm me while I read the NYTimes. NEWS FLASH: Cosmetic surgery is down 30-40% because of the economy. One person ditched her personal trainer and is taking gym classes; another is wearing bangs to cover up the fact that she is stretching out her botox treatments. Oh, dear. Even worse, all this cutting back is making these people feel "downmarket." How depressing for them. 11:25 pm - Making progress on the quilting project and hope I can finish it tomorrow, enough to photograph it. I'm not pushing it tonight. Here come the plows again - what a comforting sound...

5 comments:

Karoda said...

sighing, we do all have our burdens to bear...i canceled by ear lobe suction and decorated my own christmas tree...sure signs of a downward economy.

Karoda said...

oh and it was in the 60s today!!!!! the high has been in the low 30s and tonight its dropping down again!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just a comment or two about ice/snow on cars. I used to find that leaving a layer of snow on the car meantthe ice formed over the snow, and once you "broke" through the ice shell, the snow slid off the car. this was expecially true on the windshields. Once the ice forms on the windshields, it takes a lot of scraping to get it off.

I do agree about being outside in the snow at night. I used to love walking home from a function with snow falling (as long as the sidewalk had been cleared)..... almost a magical experience with the muted sounds and no traffic!

Elin said...

Hey Rayna! Thanks for the shout out...too bad we won't see you at the signing, but we soooooooooooo appreciate that you played with us!

Eva said...

Boohoo, the bodies of public interest cannot have plastic surgery any more! Perhaps they should try Tibetan butter on their heads.
(You asked what it is good for, I think brain and nerves are affected by the extremely dry, sunny, but cold weather in Tibet, and this is to protect the nervous system from too much "wind", this also means too much electric activities in the brain.)

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...