Wednesday, February 18, 2009

it's 2:am

Although I really do not have a sweet tooth, I have had a craving for white-chocolate-covered pretzels: sweet and salty together. So I bought some white chocolate chips (not chocolate at all, of course) and took a few minutes tonight to make some of these delectable items. Gorgeous, they are not --- but they are addictive, even to me. They are probably better made with little skinny pretzels broken into teensy bits. However, last fall I bought 6 lbs of these fat pretzels at the farmer's market and because I still have a lifetime supply, I used them. The recipe is a no brainer:
  • Melt a package of Nestle's white choc. chips in the microwave.
  • Throw in a bunch of pretzel bits and stir till they're covered.
  • Spoon clusters of the stuff onto cookie sheets lined with waxed paper.
  • Put in the fridge for a little while till they are cool. (I put them out on the deck because the fridge is full).
  • Try not to eat them all in one sitting.
Where has the time gone? It's not that I was even doing any creative work: I was reading epinions review of the used car I am considering buying and now I have more questions for the dealer tomorrow. But since I didn't write them down as I thought of them, who knows if I will remember? Since I am in a monochromatic mode here tonight, I thought this would work as a bookend.Taken April 24, 2007 at the World Trade Center construction site.

4 comments:

Eva said...

What an eye for things that others just walk by (I don't mean the chocolate pretzels)!
I added something to my graffiti, so you don't think they were the first ones I ever saw -- I know, old Europe is a bit behind of the times.

Lisa said...

I LOVE white chocolate pretzels, but I never thought of making my own. There goes my diet!

Anonymous said...

Was just looking at your graffiti - apropos after the discussion on Quiltart. I love graffiti for the most part. Did you ever get an opportunity to visit the Heidelberg project in Detroit while your daughter was in school? It's amazing! If you're in town long enough this fall, maybe we could take a side trip. It's overwhelming stimuli for the eye and brain. There are some internet sites if you google it. I'm lousy at links.
Kathy/Michigan

Judy said...

By reading your blog, I am seeing so much more in EVERYTHING! I see lines and boxes and angles that I never knew were there before!

Oh, and such a pity that I am going to the grocers today, because I know there will be white chocolate and pretzels coming home with me! LOL

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...