Friday, July 09, 2010

ahhhhh

We took a walk after dinner. After three days of heat so intense we could not leave the house (you know what they say about elderly people not going out in a heat wave), a cool breeze is wafting in my window and the air conditioning is actually off.

It rained a little bit last night and we are expecting more tonight -- good, beause my poor flowers are thirsty.  Mums are doing better, albeit in the wrong season. I don't get it -- they are autumn plants.
And the few daylilies that are left were blooming this morning when I went out to get the papers.
The pile of small pieces waiting to be finished includes one that is already sold, so I am not going to post it.  Here are a couple of others standing in line.  I finally decided it needed the black border and decided to leave it alone.  It just didn't look as good stretched.
This one hasn't been stitched yet -- although I did put some in last night and then unpicked them.  Shouldn't quilt when I am tired.  Once I sit down to do it, it doesn't take that long -- it's finding the time to sit that is the problem. My friend Victoria advises taking just 15 minutes a day at the sewing machine.  Sounds like a plan for me: I can do it on my coffee break.

There's one more 12x12ish but I couldn't get a good picture of it -- and then a big one that requires thought before I stitch it; something I am short on these days.

This has been one long weekend - from one end of the week to the other, probably because I have been working at home.
Next week, hopefully it will be cool enough to go to the studio.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need more cool walks in the garden. I have those same purple daylilies with the yellow striped throats. They're bloomed out for the year though. My favorites.
Diane

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

And do remember that when you get elderly in another 50 years or so to stay out of the heat outside.

Unknown said...

elderly? you don't look or think elderly to me, but then I don't feel senior, just fatigued from life. mum's? Mother Nature has a sense of humor sometimes. Another lovely piece you're working on. Have to try the 15-minutes . . .

artmixter said...

I lust after the quilt with the black border...hmm...

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...