Friday, July 23, 2010

backtracking

Having gotten back home on Wednesday, it took me a day or two to recover and upload the rest of my pictures. Better late than never, right?  As I put my feet up and sat on the deck, the bambis were out chomping on the lower branches.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
Eva - you were correct in guessing which piece of student fabric I wish I had done.  Here are some others from the weekend workshop.
Anita deconstructed the screen with quite a few prints: below are just two of them.  The popsicle sticks are waiting till it is their turn to be used as resists.  Greenville has 3 dollar stores but I didn't get to any of them this time around.
Below is another of Calli's prints.  She created a screen that looked very geometric and abstract but when she printed it, we all thought it looked very mid-century domestic (i.e. - images of table settings)
Since I was not teaching at night, I was able to actually print some of my own fabrics after dinner while the students worked on theirs.  Maybe I'll get a chance to go back to them sometime this year.
Sujatha -(and anybody else) deconstructing the screen is a two-day workshop.  If I have enough requests I will schedule one in the Fall in my studio for 4-5 people.

Goodness - the afternoon is almost over.  Back to the sewing machine!

1 comment:

PatriciaG said...

I would be interested for sure!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...