Thursday, August 04, 2011

a bare market - only in NY

I finally caught up with Monday's Arts section in the Times this morning and giggled over my breakfast as I read this article.  Writer's tongue planted firmly in cheek -- I couldn't resist sharing http://nyti.ms/oEjU4s

After the first appointment with my trainer this morning (oh, how Upper East Side that sounds) I hobbled home, showered and changed and headed to an art exhibit.  Then tonight, dinner at a friend's house.

A few months ago I bought a phone with three handsets. The main one, with the answering machine, is in my sewing room on the bookcase.  #2 is also in my sewing room, next to me so I don't have to get out of my chair to answer the phone.  The third one is in the kitchen.  One of them is missing. Seriously!  What kind of person loses a handset?  I KNOW I haven't taken it out of the house. I have looked everywhere. Nada. Niente. Rien. I even tried cleaning up this room to see if it was UNDER something.  No luck.  Finally, I called my home number from my cell phone. Only two phones rang. This means that the third one is either dead because it has not been charging in its base, or it accidently fell into the waste paper basket and is now gone forever.  Marty would have said "it'll turn up."  I always said "no it won't."  We were each right 50% of the time, but his 50% was larger than mine.  However, I am sure it will not turn up.  If you find it, let me know.

6 comments:

June said...

This makes me regret only taking the Sunday Times --snort--

Now I have to go look at the Art exhibit, rather than the Part exhibit.

Eva said...

How many working persons inside the buildings were arrested for "disorderly conduct" although wearing ties and white shirts? Most of them should have.

deanna7trees said...

i'm with Eva...
the missing phone. check the refrigerator and the trash. i have done both.

Kathy said...

Rats! I miss everything - though the naked street sweeper was not as appetizing as one might hope for. About the phone - I checked...it's not here

Cate Rose said...

Check your purse or bag of whatever it is you usually take with you. The phone may be in there. I've done stranger things -- like putting an open bottle of water under the sink in the bathroom and walking away with the air spray in my hand.

Del said...

Maybe there is an AP for that!
Someone told me the other day that Verizon has an AP that I can access on my laptop that will locate my cell phone, so that I don't need a hardwired phone in order to call myself when I lose the cell phone. I'm going to do that on Monday! If I remember.

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...