Friday, August 19, 2011

on hold with customer service


Considering that I spent the entire day and night (it is already tomorrow) getting service for my Internet from Comcast, I am remarkably mellow.  You do not want to know how many calls and how many hours I spent on hold and talking to people who were supposed to call me back and did not.  Amanda, Alan, Marcus, somebody else, and finally Daryl.

Comcast unilaterally assigned me the user name rgillman@comcast net.  The only trouble is that I was then deluged with junk mail for RICHARD Gillman, who is or was also rgillman@comcast.net.  So then I spent another 3 hours trying to get to someone who could delete rgillman and set up a primary account for me as raynag@comcast.net.

NOW I can't find a way for my rgillman@studio78.net to get forwarded to me @comcast.net -- blah blah blah - so I have to go onto their server to read all my email till I can get THAT straightened out. Tomorrow, if I am lucky. Meantime, use the above email address to which everything gets forwarded, anyway.

Since I spent my entire day with this, I have no pictures to post (unless you want to see photos of my new modem and router - LOL). Tomorrow, I call Verizon to say goodbye.  And then I am heading into New York City for the weekend.  With any luck, I should be able to post pictures when I get home on Sunday night. I am sure my friends do not have Internet in their pied à terre.

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

I have co cast and use Mac mail. It is very easy to set it up to have the website mail come in it's pwn account. I wish I was still in NY so we could have brunch or something. It was a short visit and now we are upstate for a wedding. I will be in touch re Nov soon. XXOO

Linda Branch Dunn said...

There are those days when you just wish you could saddle up your pony to get your errands done.

Terry Jarrard-Dimond said...

This kind of experience is one of the nightmares of technology. I send you best wishes on a solution. I'd say a quick solution but at this point you're way past quick. xo, T

mary beth frezon said...

Rayna, it's possible to forward a pop email account to a gmail address quite easily - I do this with a difficult to get to old address. You could set up a secondary gmail or use one you already have and bring the mail in to the computer via gmail.

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=21288

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...