Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Yesterday

I got to the studio early so I could do some work before my visitors came. Rachel and Diane braved the cold and winds to bring their work over for our crit meeting. The others couldn't make it, so it was just the three of us. It was great to have a big (albeit pink-tinted) design wall for everybody to put their pieces up on - but I shall have to follow your suggestions and do something about that pink. Yecch. I think JoAnn's white felt is a bit on the thin side. Another example of you get what you pay for.

In any case, after lunch and our crit, I was doing some screenprinting and Rachel picked up
my camera and started shooting. My, my, don't I look busy! No wonder I went home and crashed at 3:00 pm. The top left and right, by the way, are before and after of one of my "can this fabric be saved?"
Posted by Picasa

I stayed home today and worked sorting fabric, filled up a big trash bag with miscellaneous falderol,and did some experimenting with discharge. The results were too boring to even photograph. The rest of the week holds too many appointments and potential unknowns and I probably won't be in the studio till Friday - if I am lucky.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The light really is wonderful in your studio! I can see it's a very special place.

Anonymous said...

I like what you did to that fabric - but I liked the before too! What a great studio space you have, it must be hard to leave there to go home!

TB said...

Good series of pictures, thanks for the window into your work. I like the "after" fabrics, but I also like the "before".

Quiltgranny said...

I, too, have used the pink insulation boards, and I finally got rid of the pink tint by using HTC fleece OVER the white batting like you have on the board. I used my Joann's coupon, and got it half price, and the weight of it is quite nice too. I don't think it will stretch or droop with wear like the batting will over time.

Judy said...

Looks like this place is working like a charm!!
Sorry you are having such a busy week and won't get to spend more time in your new space.
By the way, I went to Michaels the other day and tried to get some sequin waste...they had no idea what I was talking about! I'll look around some more for it.
xo

Rayna said...

Sharon - what is HTC fleece? I'll look for it at Joann.com.

Judy - don't ask for sequin waste, they have no clue what it is. Look in the ribbon department or the floral dep't for ribbon with holes in it.

Anonymous said...

Cool Picasa grid of pics. Wish I could use it on Mac, but Picasa is only a pc software right now! I will see if Flickr has a plug in that will do this. It really has a cool look for posting those workshop pics.! Susie

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...