Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday again

I spent a few hours in the studio today and only managed to print one small piece of fabric. I'm screenprinting and the cold water makes it a nasty, time consuming job to try and get the paint out of the screen. I've been on-line researching on-demand electric water heaters and will propose that we get one for the utility sink. I am not the only one washing out acrylic paint. Tomorrow is moving day, weather permitting(big flakes are falling tonight). I'm taking my wicker chair and noticed tonight that the white seat cushion has blue paint on it (now how did that happen?). So, I recovered it (above) in about 15 minutes. Don't look too closely: I flunked 7th grade sewing. This fabric, which makes me smile, is an Indian batik I bought about 10 years ago in a fabric store in Montpellier, France. I was visiting my cousin who lived there at the time and she took me over there to shop. I was still buying commercial fabrics and couldn't resist this one. It has been sitting and waiting for its moment in the sun (ouch).

I don't have a lot of stuff to move - but it is heavy. The guy with the truck will take my two 6' tables, my wicker chair (not heavy but it doesn't fit into my car), an ugly brown office chair that I shall simply have to do something with: (I'm out of red paint, but I should be able to figure something out eventually); my press that weighs 120 lbs (I remember when I weighed 120 lbs); a rolling computer desk, and a carton of miscellany. What am I forgetting?? I don't have a proper table for the press - maybe we can put it on one of my studio mate's tables, since she would like to use it from time to time.

Also, tomorrow, Jessica and Tommy will probably come from Brooklyn to see my mother, who is still in the hospital with a mysterious ailment. And our adorable grandsons David & Jake are coming to keep us company tomorrow afternoon for a couple of hours. So, a busy day.

The sand truck just made its second trip up and down the street. What a comforting sound.

1 comment:

cfent said...

i LOVE the sun fabric!
how perfect for your new space

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...