Friday I did go to the studio. What a relief to have some space!! I dyed some fabric and worked on some batik pieces, experimenting to see what would happen to a green piece of cloth I had screened with brown paint a long time ago. It was ugly - trust me. Because paint doesn't penetrate cloth, the brown was only one one side. And because paint is a resist, it doesn't dye. Here is the piece with the back side folded over so you can see the difference. Frankly, I think it is more interesting on the side with the brown lines.
I am overrun by fabric: commercial, hand-dyed, and my own printed fabric. I don't ever have to print another piece of cloth and I will still have too much. Of course, I know how unusual this is: that I am the only one on the planet to be in this situation.
Tonight, I continued ironing fabrics - but they were Handloom Batik fabrics that I have collected from Usha over the years. Including Thursday's fabrics, I filled an entire bin. Now I have to use them. That's tomorrow's activity.