Sunday, March 09, 2008

Hello again from Bethesda

A quick catch-up before we start the day in class. I'm at Potomac Craftsmen and we're doing a day and a half soy wax workshop. Yesterday morning was the group's meeting and I give my "OOPs" lecture, complete with examples. I had asked that people bring along their own OOPS examples and we had lots of good show-and-tell stories. Bottom line,in most cases if someone didn't tell you it was an oops, you would have no way of knowing.

Here I am with Russ Little and his Oops piece, which is absolutely fabulous. It did not start out that way - but you'd have to see the slide show to appreciate the difference.
Potomac Craftsmen is an diverse and inclusive group: weavers, knitters, garment-designers, quilt artists, and more. As long as they work in fiber. This talented group has a shop at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, VA. If you are ever in the area, don't miss this place!

Also had dinner with my daughter-in-law and grandkids from a FABULOUS Indian restaurant in Bethesda. We did take-out but tonight, Sue and David Walen (my hosts) and I are going to go there. Passage to India.

Off to class. More later.

No comments:

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...