Sunday, May 11, 2008

a sneak peek

ONE preview copy of Create Your Own Hand-Printed Cloth arrived here yesterday and I have to say I am thrilled with how beautiful it looks! We won't see the rest of the copies till June - but since June is almost here, I guess we'll survive.

The next two days will be hectic as I get ready to go to International Quilt Market in Portland. My suitcase is sort of packed but I still have a lot to finish before I leave.

Mother's Day was very pleasant: We went to Brooklyn (I drove, so couldn't take any photos en route) and took my 91 year old mother with us to have brunch at Jessica & Tommy's. Jessica outdid herself with two exceptional fritatte, bagels, fruit salad, and my favorite Gorilla Coffee - roasted in Brooklyn, every day. Happily for me, Whole Foods carries it, but I have also mail-ordered it. It's the best. Especially with dark-chocolate covered pretzels, which we brought as a hostess gift.

Here we are after that lovely meal; a rather unglamorous pic of the 3 generations, but I suspect that someday we'll be glad we have it. I remember a mother's day meal 21 years ago and I wish I could find those pictures: my father died suddenly a few days later.
Jessica had an interesting week -- professional involvements with Giorgio Armani, Marc Jacobs, and an up-close George Clooney sighting ( yes, she says he is to-die-for gorgeous in person). Friday night she attended a party with Ralph Lauren, Martha Stewart, and numerous other recognizeable names - and said it was fun. I would think so!

My gift today, besides flowers, was the new cookbook from O Oprah - and Jessica says the recipes are very good. New kitchen, new cookbook - I guess I'll have to get to work. AFTER I get home from Oregon. I just hope the weather there is warmer than it is here. It has been a chilly spring.

4 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

So looking forward to receiving my copy when they are ready to be mailed!!!
Have a GREAT time at Quilt Market!
I'll have some pieces in the Prescenia Threads booth - Tulips!

Terry Grant said...

It has been cool here in Oregon for the past week, but they are predicting weather in the '80s for the rest of the week! Should be gorgeous. The flowers are at their springtime best right now. Hope we can get together while you're here!

Judy said...

What a nice pic of your three generations.
I want to hear more about your Jessica and what she does, in that she is in the company of such stellar folks.
xo

Karoda said...

You look so much like your mom! What a wonderful photo!!!!

enjoy your trip!

soup weather in June and a little more

DISCLAIMER: Blogger is giving me grief tonight, which you will see by the varying sizes of the type. Ye p, soup weather and it's ...